Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Work

My sister, Desiree picked the boys up yesterday.  Dan and I are working about 15 hours a day to get the barn ready to move into while we renovate the main house all summer.  Hopefully it's JUST all summer.  That I can handle.  The fall and winter clothes are packed and in storage and the thought of finding what we need... maybe the threat of buying all new winter clothes will inspire Dan to hire help.

So far 4 of my friends have seen the property.  2 (including my sister) have recommended demolishing the main house and starting over, 2 have said they would get a divorce if they took on a project like that and 3 have said I'm crazy.  I love you, Kelly, for saying you like the house and you don't think I'm crazy.  You have been promoted to favorite.

Oh, no, I just heard the garage door open... Dan's home... back to work.  Hopefully tomorrow I will have my first before and after pictures.  After a couple weeks of demo and rebuilding we're getting to the fun part... installation and decoration!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! That house is AWESOME! It is absolutely irreplaceable! So glad you didn't demolish it! You will do wonderful things with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to see this process. I love the picture of the house at the top! No wonder you fell in love! It is beautiful!!
    <3 Jen

    ReplyDelete